YetAnotherForum.NET (YAF) is a Open Source discussion forum or bulletin board system for web sites running ASP.NET. The latest version is ASP.NET v2.0 with a Microsoft SQL Server backend. The full C# source code is available licensed as GPL.
Yesterday, some friends talked about set up a asp.net forum, and one of them recommended YAF, I googled it today, and tried to installed on my free asp.net 2.0 hosting, aspspider.net(it does not offer hosting to new user). It is very easy to install,
- download from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=90539
- log on http://www.aspspider.net/cp/
- upload YAF-v1.9.0-FINAL-BIN.zip and uncompress,
- create a blank database at local, for example name yaf, so you get yaf.mdf and yaf_log.ldf, just upload yaf.mdf to database folder and forget yaf_log.ldf.
- attach yaf.mdf as tonyfox_yaf(because my usename is tonyfox, so the prefix is tonyfox_)
- find default.config and rename to web.config
- edit the connect string in web.config, just like this,
.\SQLExpress;Persist Security Info=True;Integrated Security=SSPI;Initial Catalog=tonyfox_yaf
- install YAF now,http://aspspider.net/tonyfox/install/
Feel free to visit my demo,
- YAF supports url rewritting now, and if you are interested in it, please visit this post,
YAF v1.9.1 RC1 for .NET v2.0 Framework (Dated 5/15/2007)
- MSProject from YAF, but full simplified Chinese version, feel free to visit this post,