OpenSlide(aka OSlide) is an open source WWW-based slide share system. You can make your own SlideShare or SlideBoom at your local server. It it not always the case that users upload their presentation/document because of the document’s copyright or miscellaneous reason. OpenSlide is used for these case and gives users easy to setup their own slide hosting website.
OpenSlide works on most UNIX and its compatible OSs. To install OpenSlide from a source package, perl, openoffice, swftools, unoconv are required.
It has the following features,
- Embed slideshows into your own blog or web site
- Share slideshows publicly or privately. There are several ways to share privately
- Sync audio to your slides
- Download the original file
- Supported multiply file formats: PowerPoint(.ppt/.pps), Word(.doc), PDF(.pdf), OpenOffice.org Impress(.odp), Writer(.odt) and so on.
OSlide Demo Site,
OSlide Project webite,