There are more than one way to convert PowerPoint (ppt) to Flash (swf), I will introduce two frees .
1. OpenOffice Impress supports flash export, it is very easy, open ppt in OpenOffice.org(ooo) and save as (or export) it as flash.
2. using the following three software, you can easily print ppt to PDF or images first, then use PDF2SWF, JPEG2SWF, PNG2SWF to get Flash. the steps are:
- download pptview, PdfCreator, SWFTools and install them.
- use “pptview /p abc.ppt” command you can print PowerPoint freely.
- select PdfCreator(virtual printer) and print PowerPoint to PDF.
- use PDF2SWF, convert PDF to Flash.
PowerPoint 2003 Viewer (pptview) has some command line switches:
- /L — Read a playlist of files contained within a text file (see below). Example: \pptview.exe /L “Playlist.txt”
- /S — Start without splash screen.
- /P — Print the presentation. Example: \pptview.exe /P “Presentation.ppt”
- /D — Prompt the Open dialog box to appear when slide show ends.
- /N# — Open presentation at a specified slide number “#”. Example: /pptview.exe /n5 “presentation.ppt” would open at slide 5.
PdfCreator supports easily print the documents to PDF, PS, EPS, Images(bmp, jpeg, png, tiff, pcx).
SWF Tools is a collection of SWF manipulation and
creation utilities written by Rainer Böhme and Matthias Kramm.
It is released under the GPL.
A PDF to SWF Converter. Generates one frame per page. Enables you to
have fully formatted text, including tables, formulas etc. inside your
Flash Movie. It’s based on the xpdf PDF
parser from Derek B. Noonburg.
A tool for inserting SWFs into Wrapper SWFs. (Templates)
E.g. for including the pdf2swf SWFs in some sort of Browsing-SWF.
Scans SWFs for text data.
Prints out various informations about SWFs.
- JPEG2SWFTakes one or more JPEG pictures and generates a SWF slideshow.
Like JPEG2SWF, only for PNGs.
Converts GIFs to SWF. Also able to handle animated gifs.
Converts WAV audio files to SWFs, using the
L.A.M.E. MP3 encoder library.
Converts AVI animation files to SWF.
It supports Flash MX H.263 compression.
Some examples can be found at examples.html.
Converts font files (TTF, Type1) to SWF.
Allows to readjust SWF bounding boxes.
A tool for creating SWF files from simple script files.
Allows to extract Movieclips, Sounds, Images etc. from SWF files.
- RFXSWF Library
A fully featured library which can be used for standalone SWF generation.
Includes support for Bitmaps, Buttons, Shapes, Text, Fonts, Sound etc.
It also has support for ActionScript using the
SWFTools has been reported to work on Solaris, Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, HP-UX, MacOS X and Windows 98/ME/2000/XP.
Compare the two methods, they are both free, and the first one supports multi-platform, such as windows, linux, Mac OS X, but the OpenOffice is some bigger, the second one just support windows, and has some difficult to implement.